At Elliott Hudson College we are committed to supporting students to achieve their full potential. Integral to this process is celebrating student
achievement through hard work and determination. Teachers will ensure that they provide ongoing personalised support and positive feedback during lessons. In addition, the College follows a more formal Praise system, which is outlined below:
‘Commendations’ will be issued for students demonstrating any of EHC’s core values:
This will be recorded and each Alliance Head will keep a running total for their Alliance. This will be displayed throughout the college through assemblies, student bulletin, TV screens etc.
As students accumulate ‘commendations’ they will be awarded with the following:
- 10 commendations – Postcard to be sent home by HOA
- 25 commendations– A student will receive a voucher to redeem the monetary value of a cookie and a coffee from the college restaurant
- 50 commendations – A student will qualify for a cinema voucher
Letters sent home every half term to inform parents/carers of student achievement. Students will also be spoken to by a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
At the end of Term 1 and Term 3 students will attend their Alliance Praise Assembly. Students can win awards for the following:
- Academic Achievement
- Attitude to Learning
- Alliance Leader Award
- Attendance rewards – 100% attendance for a week will equate to a commendation from a student’s tutor. If a student achieves
98% attendance or above for a half term a praise postcards will be sent home and they will be entered into the attendance prize
draw to win a £10 White Rose voucher.
- A range of other attendance incentives will be outlined throughout the year.
All nominees will then be entered into a prize draw to win a £20 White Rose voucher. Each half term every member of SLT will issue a number of praise postcards.